Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaguration

Like many of you I watched a lot of the coverage of President Obama's Inaguration yesterday. Lily had her one year appointment yesterday so I missed his actual speech. I did come home and watch it on cnn.com and Pastor Rick Warren's prayer. In my opinion both did a fantastic job. Also like many of you, I did not vote for Obama but, as a very brave soldier who got to dance w/ the President at a ball last night said, "he is our Commander and Chief and I respect the office and the man". Sure there are issues and ideals he and I don't see eye to eye on, but as my Dad said, there always is. So for now I will pray for him a lot. He inherits quite a mess you know. I liked the fact that he challenged us to help make a difference. Washington alone did not cause nor can it solve this economic crisis. This is America- we the PEOPLE. We make our future nationally through the democratic process and individaully day-to-day. Like many others I have extended myself way beyond my means at times. I have neglected my God, my family and my fellow man at the altar of success and self. So as my President and Pastor( yes you, Rob) call for a time of CHANGE and stepping up to the plate, I pray I will!!!

1 comment:

steven said...

Good Post
but could no longer stand the over sanitized, sterile, same old same ole from the usual "Christian" sources. AMEN!

I was talking the other day - I may one of few Youth guys around who don't Strongly Encourage ppl to listen to strictly christian music. It can be very steril at times. Unless it's good worship stuff. Music speaks to me a-lot.
That's why i started the new blog.
I want people to actually begin to hear what some artists might be saying - no matter what category their in.

You should really check out Thrice and their lead singer Dustin Kensrue. I think you would like them alot. A whole lot.